Skip to main content

MAKE-UP OR SELF ESTEEM?

       

I just couldnt step out of the house without having my make-up done.  I found those colors irresistible and I wished to use all of it if need be.  

It got to a point where I'd clean and wipe and wipe and re-do and yet I wasn't satisfied.  Still felt like I wasn't beautiful enough. 

 I would start all over again and before I knew it,  I'd spent over 30 minutes trying to get it right.

  It so happened that those mornings where I had to go on errands early enough before having my bath,  I usually get complements from unknown guys.  This don't usually happen when I have my make-up on.  It got me puzzled.  

I began having mixed feelings about the use of makeup and one morning after struggling to get it right,  it got me really upset.  And I said to myself,  I can't do this anymore.  I think it is hypnotic.  I must have been hypnotized.  


Why can't I go out without having my make-up done?  Why do I always feel that I'm not beautiful and see the make-up products asmy leverage?
 I took the bold step and threw everything away.  All of it.  That was the start of a new beginning.  

It wasn't about the make-up.  It was about my self esteem.  I didn't have much confidence in my self.  I thought the beautiful ones were the only accepted ones.  And I felt I wasn't there. 

For so many years,  I avoided using makeup because I believed it was hypnotic and would make you feel you aren't beautiful. And you have to use it or else,  you won't be accepted.  

I believed a lie all those years.  But in a way,  it helped me boost my self esteem to an extent.

Years past and I learnt the truth and I've been in control since then.  I do my make-up to have a bright look all day but everyone needs to accept me for who I am.  I don't care much about what people think.  It shouldn't be my problem but their problem so let them deal with it.
In the same way,  many ladies have gone to the extreme.  They buy so much makeup products for personal use,  they go as far as getting breast enlargement and butts enlargement.  

Many young people place their confidence in the wrong things.  

The large butt you feel would get you all the attraction you need is the same butt that would keep you senile at old age, making it difficult for you to walk around. 

 The money you think would give you all tbe friends you need and all the attraction you think you deserve,  what happens when its no longer there.
You don't have to destroy yourself,  you don't have to bleach your skin or change your gender.  
These things have their repercussions.

 All you have to do is to believe in yourself,  know your worth and where you belong.  Ignore what people say behind your back,  they might be struggling with their self esteem too.

It is necessary for a us to have a reality check and try to discover who we are and what our purpose is in life.  

Once you discover yourself,  then give yourself the respect you deserve and have confidence in your abilities.  

Decide what defines you and build a character worth emulating.  
Don't hide behind the use of  make-up,  don't hide behind wealth,  don't hide behind your degree.  Ask yourself,  who I'm I without all these?  
Acknowledge the fact that they are all temporary things.  But your character is what you will take to your next life.

Let's stop the idea of  "I am nothing without money.  
Many defame their character and reduce their worth all in the name of making money.  

At the end, you are a nobody without your money. People have the habit of respecting money and  we create seats for it in our occasions.  
We have less value for character.  
It was Joseph's character that took him to Pharaoh's palace.  
Talk about  Moses,  his character  helped him lead the hard hearted Israelites.
Many persons have achieved greatness and favor because they respect themselves. That you can't achieve with a low self esteem. 

 The truth is you can't always be seen and heard.  It is meant to be that way.  But know that you will never  go unnoticed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy Of Motherhood

" She's here! What should I do with her? How am I going to do this? Where should I start from? Oh God, I can't. I just can't. She's cute but she's stuck with me now. I don't think I can do this."  Jay wouldn't stop lamenting. Her daughter has just been born. It was her first child. It wasn't an easy ordeal for her, but she didn't want to think about it. She's was protecting her mental health.  Her fears almost consumed her. Not until her baby was brought to be fed had she felt any connection. The moment her baby latched to her breast, it was a different experience entirely. One she will never forget. It felt like a message. One that said, "Hey mummy, I couldn't wait to do this with you. I am yours fully. I depend strongly on you. You are my mother and I know that. I wouldn't give up on you. I wouldn't let you go. I am here for you and I love you." Words could not express how she felt. She saw her baby's helples

SEXUAL HARASSMENT

 It was in the year, 2004. She was in Junior class 3. A quiet and simple girl. The school authorities admired her. He was one of her school teachers.  A short man, who loves to use a short cane.  He was called Uncle E.  He had been her teacher since class 1. But something happened. While teaching in class, he wouldn't stop staring at her. It was too much that she got embarrassed. He would walk to her seat, put his hands on her shoulder, locate her bra handle, drag it up, and let it go. It got to a point, her friends had to switch seats with her, so short Uncle E's hands wouldn't get to her. One day, he said; " You are my loving girl". And other words that got her confused. She went home, told her mum all that has happened. Her mum got angry.  She reported to an authority in the school. One of the vice principals. He, the vice principal, decided to talk with the teacher first. But Uncle E told the principal to bring the case to the class to confirm all that had hap

PRAYING ON A WEDDING DRESS

 Well, I know what you are thinking. But that’s not it this time. It’s about something else. Have you heard of good intention, but bad execution? That’s the case here. It’s about Bee and Jee. They were close friends. Bee was a little older, but they were both within the same age bracket. Jee had a guy who was really obsessed with her. She was really beautiful, and he didn’t want to lose her. Now, you can understand his insecurities. She agreed to marry him. Bee was a strong support system for Jee. She did everything she could to make sure the wedding was a success. Bee wanted Jee to have the best wedding dress at little or no cost. She could get the perfect dress for Jee. She was really excited to see Jee in the dress. She wanted to see how it fit, if it needed amendments, or if they should search for another one. But Jee refused to wear the dress. Bee kept saying, “try the dress Jee”. Jee folded the dress and kept it in her bag. She said she had to take the dress home first. “Why is t